Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Jan. shooting cases
Kill nine, injure four 

TAGBILARAN CITY, February 2 (PIA)— From January 1 to 28, nine people have died while four were wounded, all of them having common experiences: getting shot at, the four had luck on their side.

As an opener, at about 5:30 PM on January 2, an unidentified gunman pumped bullets to Edna Quiao along the highway in Barangay Quinoguitan Loboc town. Police are still investigating the case to date. 

The following day, January 3, Philips Michael Niemis Legitimas of Mahayag San Miguel, was along the national highway in Saguise, Getafe at around 9:49 PM when an unidentified gunman shot him, ending his young life at 31 years old. 

And then, a day later, in Magtangtang, Danao, still unidentified gunman shot 44 years old barangay tanod Edwin Aparece, and left him dead at around 5:15 in the afternoon. 

And then, by January 6, a probationer resident of Dauis, Reynan Lopos met his end through a bullet at Sitio Ubos, Causeway in Tagbilaran City. An unidentified gunman shot the 30 year old resident of Totolan, in nearby Dauis. 

Then on January 7, 30 year old Ian Christopher Capa, married and resident of Lindaville side, San isidro District cheated death when unidentified gunman shot him while he was walking along Sitio Karaw-an Barangay road in Dampas. He was rushed to the hospital where medical personnel stabilized him, according to police sources. 

January 19 however proved to be ominous to two. 45 years old Rito Remoreras, a flag man of a mining company in Buangan Clarin found his end through a bullet when a yet unidentified shooter had him in the wrong end of the barrel, while he was in Barangay Candajec, at about 2:30 PM. He was dead before reaching the hospital. 

Earlier that day, in nearby Sagbayan town, Rogelio Aceron, 38 years ol barber and resident of Magsaysay Sierra Bullones was shot to death in the early morning, about 6:00 AM at Purok 2 Santa Catalina Sagbayan. 

By January 21, 27 years old Rollie Petalcorin of Barangay Putingbato, Buenavista met his creator when an unidentified gunman shot him at about 6:38 PM. 

Then, a day later, in Dauis, Ben Bullanday, a resident of Dao Dauis got shot by a certain Marciano Bullanday of Dao Tagbilaran City at about 3:30 PM. Police are following a lead of a possible land disputed learning that the two had a previous misunderstanding. Ben was brought to the hospital where he recuperated. 

In far-away north, in Inabanga, Rodrigo Estoria, a former barangay chairman and incumbent councilor of Datag Inabanga was shot at around 8:30 AM by still unidentified culprit. He was wounded in his arm and was rushed to the hospital.

And then, last January 28, 25 years old Robien Pahang was shot in different parts of the body by unidentified suspects at around 10:50 PM along CPG East Avenue near Boholand, Tagbilaran City. He was lucky he was able to escape, only to be found with drugs in his possession. 

That same night, in Capitol site, still in Tagbilaran, 19 year old John Vincent Villela and two unidentified companions just exited the DPWH compound at the new Capitol site when they were fire upon. Villela was hit in different parts of the body while his two companions slipped into the night. Police said Villela was among the most wanted personalities in Central Visayas. (rac/PIA-7/Bohol)

===============
Police score 89% in 
Loose firearms drive

TAGBILARAN CITY, February 2 (PIA)— Police rated a good 89% in their campaign against loose firearms in 2015, according to reports from Camp Dagohoy. 

At the Provincial Peace and Order Council (PPOC) Meeting held at the Mansion Conference Hall, January 28, Camp Dagohoy, through PSSupt Dennis Agustin said that they accounted for 307 low and high powered firearms in 2014. 

But this was for 255 operations they conducted from January to December. This comes up to 83% of the average hit. 

Colonel Agustin told council members that the police all over Bohol succeeded in accounting for 123 high power and 184 low power fire arms in 2014. 

By 2015 however, after 188 operations, Bohol police authorities accounted for some 211 fire arms, getting an average of 89%. 

Camp Dagohoy sources also said they were able to account for 73 high powered and 138 low powered firearms in 2015. 

As to police operations against persons arrested, 2014 proved a better year for police authorities when they capped a 64% average with 165 persons arrested in 255 operations. 

By 2015, Bohol police managed a 57% rating with 108 persons arrested from 188 operations, according to data from the Police Intelligence and Investigation Management Bureau. 

In both years however, Bohol police managed a60% operations to cases filed against persons illegally in possession of firearms. (rac/PIA-7/Bohol)

===============
Some drugs in Bohol shipped 
By parcel from Bilibid prison

TAGBILARAN CITY, February 2 (PIA)— Believe it or not, some of the drug supplies coming to Bohol come from Manila, specifically at the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) in Muntinlupa and are sent through parcel service. 

Drug agent Maria Chona Egam of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Authority (PDEA) in Bohol bared this at the recent provincial Peace and Order Council meeting last week at the Governor’s Mansion. 

Many however would not think how the NBP, which is operated to provide persons under custody, the opportunities for reformation, decent environment and secure settings, could provide the reported drugs to supply the illegal drug trade. 

The NBP is under three distinct and yet separate departments like the Department of Justice (DOJ) with its Bureau of Corrections or National Prisons, the Department of Social Welfare and Development and the Bureau of Youth and Child Welfare and the Department of Interior and Local Government and its Bureau of Jail Management and Penology. 

Months ago, subsequent raids at the NBP showed the proliferation of illegal drugs, illegal equipment, appliances and entertainment hubs inside prison cells, boosting the claim that drugs may have been manufactured inside the jails. 

Years back, the PDEA cracked a drug ring which also used similar strategy using legitimate couriers in their drug trade. But, when people think that style has been exposed and would not work anymore, the PDEA think it is still being used. 

Under section 5 of the Dangerous Drugs Act, the penalty of imprisonment ranging from twelve (12) years and one day to twenty years and a fine ranging from One hundred thousand pesos (P100,000.00) to Five hundred thousand pesos (P500,000.00) shall be imposed upon any person, who, unless authorized by law, shall sell, trade, administer, dispense, deliver, give away to another, distribute, dispatch in transit or transport any controlled precursor and essential chemical, or shall act as a broker in such transactions.

The PPOC has yet to rule on what to do with these legitimate couriers and parcel services who may have wittingly or unwittingly delivered dangerous substances. 

While authorities have not been remiss in the mission to apprehend drug pushers through buy-busts and raids, the problem lies with the bulk which has entered Bohol and is already distributed to users. 

Although most of the bulk deliveries shipped to Bohol would come from Ozamis City in Mindanao, Egam also reported Cebu is also another significant source. 

Supplies from Cebu are sneaked into the province through the Roll-On Roll-Off ports through the ports of Tagbilaran, Tubigon, Ubay, Jagna, Talibon, Loon and Getafe while some are brought in to the shorelines by fishing vessels, Egam said. 

Methamphetamine hydrochloride (shabu) is still the drug of choice in Bohol, the most saleable and is usually present near schools, fishing communities and tourism destinations, PDEA said. 

On a per gram basis, a packet of shabu can be sold for P2,000 to P4,000, according to PDEA, while a big packet (bulto) is sold at P10,000 to P15,000.

In Tagbilaran City, aside from shabu, nubain is also used. (rac/PIA-7/Bohol)

No comments: